Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

8:43 AM

A Strange Dichotomy

Posted by Brad Polley |

This past week, I had the privilege to visit a new mom and baby in the hospital. As i was sitting there, looking at this beautiful baby, I got this really weird feeling. I started thinking about the fact that, as I was sitting there, someone on the other side of the hosptial was laying in intensive care on life support. As this family was feeling joy at their new life, another was experiencing deep sadness at bad news from a doctor. I don't know, it was just one of those times where the dichotomy between life and death became very real to me. It was strange to have this sense of life and death going on all around you in the same building. Does anyone else ever have times like this?

3 comments:

Sarlizgd said...

Guess what Brad, I found your blog this morning and it made me smile. Yes, birth and death are a strange dichotomy. Sometimes I think I get so focused on the emotional aspects of these two stages that I forget the stage I'm living in--the most beautiful one, where God has given me amazing gifts and relationships that totally bless my life. Lately absolutely everything about my life has made me emotional, and I think it is because I'm starting to view everyday, ordinary life as equally beautiful in comparison to our other stgages in life.

Brad Polley said...

hey sarah. i now have a "fan-base" of about five people. good thoughts on life. good point about living in the present.

Sarlizgd said...

Hey, you'll get there. I'm expecting that one day, thousands will flock to your blog to hear the insightful thoughts of brad polley, esq. (you are such a dork by the way, haha). Too bad I can't spell...stgages???

Subscribe