Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

8:51 AM

All is well in Larva-land

Posted by Brad Polley |

Mandy and I went to the doctor yesterday and all seems to be well with our human larva. It apparently doesn't appreciate the microphone thingy the doctor uses to hear the heartbeat, because it moves everytime she hits the right spot. I'm assuming it is perfectly content in its sack-o-fluid and doesn't want to be disturbed while it's reading, pondering existential quandries, or wondering why it is growing a third arm or has two butts.

In about a month, we'll find out the identity of the aforementioned larva. We were reading somewhere that they now have ultrasounds in 2-D, 3-D, or 4-D. I understand 2-D and 3-D, but what in the world is 4-D? Do they show you, not only the baby, but a vast other universe inside my wife's womb? I can just hear the doctor now, "Ok, there's the baby...there's its twang, it's a boy...and here's the constellation 'Uterine 5'." It should be an interesting doctor visit to say the least. All I know is that if William Shatner is dwelling within my wife's uterus somewhere, I'm not going to be happy.

3 comments:

Brad Polley said...

matt, thank you for the veiled reference to my wife's breasts. you're sick. that's your sister-in-law.

jim...i mean bitterpewdweller...thanks for working the word "uranus" into your comment. that word is always welcomed and laughed at, especially relevant in this case.

Brad Polley said...

yes, it is true that you are not a "man of the cloth" as we are. you have yet to reach the pinnacle of purity and holiness required of such a position. we, however, have not only reached that height, but are a living example of how to attain it in just a few short years. read my book, "your best life now" if you want to unlock the secrets of holiness that will cause God to enrich your life with a bmw and mansion.

Brad Polley said...

I bet I would get a great deal of looks showing up in a clerical collar to the junior high for lunch. That would get as many looks as Michael Jackson walking into an all-male daycare center.

Subscribe