Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

8:54 AM

This gives me chills

Posted by Brad Polley |

I'm currently reading a book by Steve Chalke called, "The Lost Message of Jesus." I was reading this morning and I came across this statement as he was writing about Jesus' parables of the lost son, lost sheep, and lost coin. If you know nothing of those stories, it speaks of people who have lost something of value to them, and will stop at nothing to find it again, feigning everything else in pursuit of their loss. Chalke says this of the parable of the lost son:

"It is often said that there is a God-shaped hole in our hearts. It would not be unreasonable to suggest that Jesus, by telling this story of the son who breaks his father's heart, is declaring that there is a people-shaped hole in the heart of God."

I'll let that sink in and say no more.

3 comments:

Brad Polley said...

I'm planning on teaching from it very soon as well. it changes the way you read the entire new testament.

Evan. said...

did my brain just melt...nope just a runny nose, but still thats profound.

Ben Stevenson said...

God's love for us truely is amazing isn't it!! What makes it even more amazing, is the lengths God went to reconcile us to himself while we were his enemies. See Isaiah 53:4-6. That is amazing. God is amazing!!

Subscribe