Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:00 AM

Ghandi said it better than I can

Posted by Brad Polley |

I came across this the other day. It's called the "seven deadly social sins" as laid out by Ghandi. Here are the sevens sins:

Politics without principle
Wealth without work
Commerce without morality
Pleasure without conscience
Education without character
Science without humanity
Worship without sacrifice

See if you can pick out how many of these America is guilty of. For extra credit, see how many the American Church is guilty of. For extra-extra credit, see how many I have broken. Ah crap.

4 comments:

Sarlizgd said...

I'm feeling pretty confident that if that list was a checklist for salvation, I'd be screwed.

I took my last final a few hours ago and I'm heading home tomorrow for 3 weeks. I know that holidays are a crazy time, but I'd love it if we could get together...Mandy and your son too of course. Maybe lunch?

See you Sunday.

matt said...

God doesn't care about any of that stuff. He just wants us to be happy.

That's what Osteen told me anyway and he knows what he is talking about.

Brad Polley said...

Yeah Sarah, we'll get lunch sometime while you're home.

hello said...

aren't these great principles? you can read some commentary on them at http://www.gitananda.org/culture/2.html

Subscribe