Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

9:48 AM

Another milestone in parenting

Posted by Brad Polley |

Our first real vomit, how exciting. I was feeding mini-me last night, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to do, and we decided to give him rice cereal again. He had been eating oatmeal like it's going out of style, so we thought we would change it up a bit on him and go back to rice cereal periodically. Well, apparently he's a texture freak, because he gagged on every bite I gave him. I'm not going to lie, I laugh when he gags. He makes a noise like he's throwing up his toenails, and gets a classic "I'm throwing up my toenails" look on his face.

Anyway, after about five bites, I decided that maybe the rice cereal wasn't a good idea because he was gagging relentlessly with every bite. It seems, however, that five bites was one bite too many. He proceeded to gag about four times on the last bite and then he expelled everything I had fed him to that point, including peaches and green beans. It was a technicolor bile-fest as he coated anything within two feet of him with his stomach contents. My wife and I sat there for a minute, just looking at each other and asking each other, "So...what do we do now?" We eventually got him cleaned up and all was well. We've come to a couple of possible conclusions as to the reason for his puking. 1)He hates the texture of rice cereal and showed it by gagging until he heaved. 2)He realized that his Huggies weren't fitting quite like they used to, and he thought he would give bulimia the ole' college try. Who knows.

0 comments:

Subscribe