Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:02 AM

The Turtle

Posted by Brad Polley |

On my way to work this morning, I was careening down the highway at a "please don't give me a ticket" type speed, when I noticed a small box turtle crossing the road. I saw it in time to swerve, so I missed it. However, I was thinking about the fact that the turtle didn't have a snowball's chance in the seventh circle of hell of making it to the other side of the road. It's a fairly busy highway, and I watched as this thing crept across the road, with semis and Honda Civics whizzing by it at breakneck speeds.

My journey with God feels like that sometimes. It seems like I'm trying to make it to the other side of the road, but I can't go any faster than a crawl. Meanwhile, there are a million things trying to derail and destroy me. Sometimes these things miss, but other times, they seem to hit their mark. At times I just want to tuck inside my shell until everything blows over, but for some reason I can't. I keep hearing God's still small voice encouraging me to continue. So I go on, all the while asking this still small voice, "Um, can't you just give me a little help and remove the stinking obstacles, make the road a little less busy so that I can make it to the other side?" To which the Voice responds, "Um, you know that if it was easy, it wouldn't make it worthwhile when you arrived at your destination, so no, I won't remove the obstacles."

As I continue across the seemingly endless road, what I find is that I was getting more help than I realized. We're all getting more help than we realize.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

um. hey douche bag. you should watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1paYhEDFQIw&mode=related&search=


... and this. just for kicks.
http://www.rebelvirals.com/13875298.html

just sayin.

Brad Polley said...

I've seen the chicken thing before...priceless. That preacher video was so good it has to be fattening. I was losing it with the singing midget. For anyone else reading these comments, please watch the first video.

matt said...

i love me some singing midgets.

Subscribe