Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:17 AM

Creepy

Posted by Brad Polley |

I saw a picture on CNN.com this morning of the devastation in Greensburg, Kansas. If you know nothing about the story, an F5 tornado (read: ridiculously large tornado 1.5 miles wide) directly hit a small town in Kansas, completely destroying it. The picture was of a guy standing in a ruined church building. There was only one wall left standing and on the wall was a picture of Jesus, still hung perfectly straight that the wind didn't touch.

Totally creeped me out. I know this kind of a situation leads to all sorts of questions about where God was and all of that. Frankly, I don't have the answers and I'm ok with that. However, looking at that picture, it was almost like in some mystical way, Jesus was saying, "I'm still here. Despite what it might look like, I'm still here, and I'm still in love with every person in this town." I don't know why God doesn't stop stuff like that from happening, maybe the miracle in the whole thing was that there weren't hundreds of people killed, who knows. I do know that the Bible makes it very clear that where there is suffering, there is a Savior. There is a Savior who suffered through life in many different ways. There is a Savior that is close to the suffering, offering hope, love, and a sense of peace through the crap. It took a picture in a ruined shell of a church to remind me of that.

0 comments:

Subscribe