Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

12:54 PM

Wild randomness

Posted by Brad Polley |

1. I watched a show on the history channel about Hippies the other day. If you take away the massive amounts of drugs and promiscuous sex, a lot of their ideas were, at their foundation, strangely Christ-like. But, unlike Christians, their music was actually good.

2. Where has the book, "Les Miserables" been my whole life?

3. I got two bumper stickers the other day that now hang in my office. The first one says, "Jesus called, he wants his religion back" and the other one says, "If going to church makes you a Christian, does going to the garage make you a car?" Brilliant.

4. I wonder if they'll invent tele-porters before June 10, so that I don't have to fly to Haiti? I think our flight from Indy to Miami is on like a tiny chicken-freighter or something.

5. Speaking of Haiti...um it's hot. I looked at the Weather Channel website and at 10:00 am this morning, the heat index was 104. I will have no skin left when I return. I talked to a lady from my church that's been there before, in February she got a sunburn through her clothes. Sounds like a great place for a pasty white kid huh?

6. So...gas prices...fun huh? At least our government cares about it right? Is anyone else investigating the idea of buying a Vespa Scooter?

7. My kid threw up his whole dinner the other night, and then some. It looked like a bile-soaked grocery store exploded in our living room. My wife and I looked at each other and said, "So...what do we do?" We decided to burn the house down and start all over, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

8. I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a few. Ok, I'm back. I feel much better.

9. Hey, we crowned a new American Idol last night. Can you hear that? It sounds like a new career already floating away in the breeze.

10. I've really been questioning my ministry recently. I don't know why. I sometimes feel like a dismal failure at what I do. I was up at 4:00 this morning because I couldn't stop thinking about this. Does these thoughts happen in other career fields, or is ministry exclusive in this one?

1 comments:

matt said...

i stay up late thinking about my impending failure as a minis---i mean car salesman. wait, i already failed as a minister...

Subscribe