Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

11:41 AM

So a Hindu gets it...

Posted by Brad Polley |

...but, for some reason, Christians don't. I saw this quote from Gandhi today.

If you want to smell the aroma of Christianity, you must copy the rose. The rose irresistibly draws people to itself, and the scent remains with them. Even so, the aroma of Christianity is subtler even than that of the rose and should, therefore, be imparted in an even quieter and more imperceptible manner, if possible.

The Christians that I know who are doing the most for God's Kingdom are also the quietest. You won't find them on Larry King defending their faith, you won't find them writing scathing editorials to newspapers who they deem "liberal." You find them spending time with people, loving them in the best way they know how, and smelling an awful lot like Jesus in the process.

3 comments:

matt said...

i always pictured Jesus smelling like wine and fish...

good quote, though

kimberly said...

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/outofur/archives/2007/10/willow_creek_re.html

it has nothing to do with your blog but it's still interesting.

Brad Polley said...

Kim, that's a great article. I'm glad, and very surprised, that they finally caught on. Do you think I can get my tuition back from four years of Bible College? Willow Creek crap was all we were taught. I think I'm entitled to a refund.

Subscribe