Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:27 AM

Sappy moment of the day

Posted by Brad Polley |

My kid has been saying "dada" forever.  I love hearing it, I'm not going to lie.  But last night my wife said, "Ezra, say 'daddy'."  "Daaaddy" was his reply, with a big gap-tooth Spongebob smile on his face.


I about lost it.  I don't cry much, with the exception of getting kicked in the groin or eating something so hot that my throat starts to close up, but I almost cried.  I can't tell you what it feels like to have your son look at you and say, "daddy" with a big goofy grin on his face.  It's something that you will just have to experience one of these days.  Top five moment in my entire life.  

On a less sappy note, my kid tried to put his hand down the shirts of two girls in my youth group Sunday night.  I said, "Ezra, no-no buddy."  His response?  "Booboos."  My response to that?  "I know buddy, but you can't do that."  

I swear, I'm going to have to home school that little pervert.

2 comments:

Gangy said...

I'm so proud of him - he takes after his Pop-Pop (definately a "booboo" man). I never knew grandkids could be such a joy - I sure would have foregone having my kids and skipped right to EZP if I had known. I guess that wouldn't really have worked would it? Too bad. He's the greatest little fellow around - couldn't love him any more. Can't wait to see him again soon.

mike-daddy said...

Amen to Gangy.

Subscribe