Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

9:17 AM

Babar the Baby

Posted by Brad Polley |

My wife's doctor scheduled another ultrasound because she was measuring rather larger than she should be.  We had the ultrasound yesterday, and sure enough, she's giving birth to Babar the elephant.  The ultrasound started off normally, then the ultrasound tech switched over to a 4-D view of the kid.  Holy crap, it's my kid...for real!  Normal 3-D ultrasounds are sort of vague and fuzzy, this one looked like someone infiltrated my wife's womb with a digital camera. Below is the world's first real picture of Abram Michael Polley...to the Shroud of Turin, depending on your perspective.

In the first picture, you may notice that he has an eye open and is looking at the camera with an "I'm fairly uncomfortable, can someone freakin' get me outta here?" type of look.  The second picture reminds me of Viggo the Carpathian on Ghostbusters 2 when he starts morphing and melting.  The top left of picture 2 shows his hand.  It's all distorted because he started moving. So not only is he massive, he's basically adorable.  Other than the fact that he's going to exit the womb while gnawing on a turkey leg, he's healthy.  We're hoping that he shows up early, because the ultrasound had him weighing 7 pounds, 9 ounces.  You may be thinking that that isn't too bad, until you realize that my wife has six more weeks to go.  The doctor informed us that during this stage, they can gain up to a half a pound a week.  If you do the math, you quickly see that he's going to come out looking like King Kong.  I can't wait to my mustachioed Sasquatch of a son.  Big brother had better look out, because he's a tiny little thing. 

2 comments:

Gangy said...

He's going to be the cutest baby ever, next to Ezra! Can't wait to get my hands on him!!

matt said...

the second picture looks like someone is punching him in the face in slow motion.

Subscribe