Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

2:38 PM

My Church Rocks

Posted by Brad Polley |

Ok, so it isn't "my church" persay, it's more like Jesus' church, but I figure I had to use the parlance of our times. Anyway, we had our one-year celebration today. It was pretty sweet. We had a cake, we sang happy birthday. I think what I like about the church is that it is so messy. We don't have too many people who care to put on a "starched and pressed" facade on Sunday mornings. We genuinely love to be with one another. That's what I love the most. The people actually want to be there, they (probably not all, of course) aren't there out of compulsion, they're there out of joy and desire to commune with one another and with God. We're no where near perfect, but maybe that's the best part.

5 comments:

matt said...

My church is bigger though, so Jesus has "blessed" us more than he's blessed you. Birthday cakes in church? Singing happy birthday? That's not very "church-like."

shalom, walter

matt said...

Hard to believe that it's been a year since you split the other church...

Splitter!

shalom, walter

Brad Polley said...

you're not telling me anything new todd. his church may be bigger, but at least i get some time off.

matt said...

i have friday's off, when is your day off? oh, that's right, you don't have one.

back off, fife, or i'll unleash the wrath.

shalom, walter

Brad Polley said...

at least i don't have a meeting every night of the week and can spend time with my wife.

Subscribe