Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

9:05 PM

Why Are Ministers So Insecure?

Posted by Brad Polley |

I've always been a big proponent of discipleship over numbers in my ministry, but for some reason, I'm almost continually plagued by insecurity. i'm definitely not the only minister who is like this. I'm guessing if you took a poll, you would find that most ministers share the same problem. I still get down when our Sunday attendence is down for a couple of weeks. I still worry about people going somewhere else instead of our church. I don't know why. I'm always worrying about whether or not I did something to drive someone else away. If someone misses for a couple of weeks, I automatically in my mind think that they're gone for good and it's all my fault. As you can tell, I'm just a smidge discouraged right now. I don't know why. Satan has a way of taking me (all of us?) from the heights to the depths within a matter of days. I hate it.

3 comments:

Brad Polley said...

thanks evan. i can't believe that i'm getting spammed already. the bad thing is that i can't erase it.

Brad Polley said...

oh wait, never mind, i just found the way to delete them.

matt said...

Hey brother.

If you don't allow anonymous comments then how could you get spammed already? That sucks. Contact the host service and see if there something you can do. It happened to me one time, too.

On the article: when all you have been told throughout your ministry is numbers count, it eventually effects your ability to focus on what is important, namely, discipleship. It's a never ending battle. Keep focusing on Yeshua's ministry, because, we all know, he was into numbers. Right? Right?

shalom, walter

Subscribe