Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:39 AM

I can see this coming in handy in the future

Posted by Brad Polley |

I'm currently picking my way through the book of Deuteronomy.  To say that some of this book is funny is a gross understatement.  It contains some seriously amazing advancements in humanity, especially considering the time that it was written.  Some of it, I must admit, is a bit strange, and some of it is a bit disturbing.  


I was reading this morning this lovely gem:

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.  They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious.  He will not obey us.  He will not obey us.  He is a profligate and a drunkard."  Then all the men of his town are to stone him to death.

Ezra and Abram...watch yourselves.

2 comments:

mike-daddy said...

Heck with Abram and Ezra, you absolutely already qualify. I will pick you up tonight.

matt said...

does Gosport have a gate to the town.

Subscribe