Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

3:16 PM

For unto us a fatty is born

Posted by Brad Polley |

At 10:24 AM on April 7, 2008 in the year of our Lord, Abram Michael Polley was ripped from my wife's womb with extreme prejudice.  He was none-too-happy about this fact.  Delivered by Caesarean Section, he came out with a giant, round head.  In the words of one of the nurses who took his vital signs, "That's one of the bigger heads I've seen in awhile."  Thanks for making me confident that my kid is a freak.  Actually, he's absolutely adorable, but don't take my word for it, here are some pictures.In case you're wondering, in the first picture, that is, in fact, my wife's open thorax.  Look at the cranium on that freak!  The second picture is the first time he opened his eyes.  


For those of you keeping score at home, he weighed in at 9 pounds, 9 ounces, and was 21 inches long.  His head circumference is somewhere in the neighborhood of planetary.  It has it's own orbit and gravitational pull.  Quite impressive.  

6 comments:

Shauna said...

He is so cute. I'm sure Mandy will appreciate the picture of her belly wide open in the years to come. I hope all is well with everyone. Congratulations to all of you! I can't wait to get my hands on him.

Chad French said...

Congrads on your big headed baby. I'm sure everyone is proud.

Gangy said...

He is not a freak!!! He's perfect!!! Don't quite know how we will be able to spoil both grandbabies. We'll manage, somehow. Congratulations Mandy and Brad - you both did very well.

mike-daddy said...

I'm running out of pieces of my heart to give to my grandkids. I love it! I can't imagine loving 3 grandsons, 2 sons, and 2 daughter-in-laws anymore than I do.

thebaysingerboy said...

congrats! let's hope he's not a cylon!

Unknown said...

congratulations brad!

Subscribe