Kethuvim

It means "writings." I write things.

10:06 AM

This is wrong

Posted by Brad Polley |

America spends $250 million a day on the war in Iraq, and people in Haiti are starving to death because they can't afford food.  If you haven't seen the news reports, let me fill you in.  


Food costs in Haiti have risen 50% over the last year.  The average Haitian makes around 50 gourdes a day (which is less than one U.S. dollar).  People are rioting and looting (as I'm sure you would were you starving to death) and asking their government for change.  Their government is powerless, because they don't have any money either.  People are staving off their hunger by eating mud cakes, and yes, they are exactly what you think they are.  And our country is doing nothing.

The next time I hear someone say that America is a Christian nation, I'm going to puke.  If I had the money, I would buy plane tickets to Port-au-prince for the people who make this claim, so that they could have their minds changed about just how "Christian" America really is.  If you study Haiti's history at all, you would see very quickly that the U.S. is one of the biggest reasons why Haiti is a mess.  No Christian nation would spend that much money on violence while people around the world starve to death.  

0 comments:

Subscribe